Monday, 21 January 2013

Content with Feedback: Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained


Its all too clear that all publishers face many big challenges, some of which are niche, content, being discovered and readership.

So it is without a doubt that I appreciate anyone and everyone who visits this blog and finds some value in the things that I have written about and in the downloads provided .

From the inbuilt Blogger analytics, there is some interesting (sometimes dubious) but limited feedback available. For example, I am able to see at an aggregate level numbers of Pageviews in the last two hours, last 24 hours, last week, the past month and all time history.

For these timeframes, on a (more or less) top 10 level basis, these statistics are available in aggregate (but not in cross-granularity) by Country, Operating System and Browser. These statistics also give an aggregate view of the "Referring Urls", "Referring Sites", but more importantly the "Search Keywords" used.

And it is here that I am sometimes left wondering whether the question or interest that drove you here in the first place, has made the trip and time spent here worthwhile.

I mention this as sometimes I am perplexed as to the context of  a question.

So, if I may be so bold, I would like to suggest that you leave a comment with some context (especially if a question) at the foot of the landed post. If I am able to understand what you mean and the context thereof, I may be able to be more specific and add some good content in a subsequent blog post.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Will this post elicit any responses. Don't know as feedback is rare, even though appreciated, good or bad.

Thanks again for your visit.